Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I hate(d) my apartment management

[EDIT]
I spoke with the manager between classes, and apparently, the threatening notice is just to get the owner of the vehicle into the office. It's an attention-grabbing mechanism.
Apparently, my car won't be towed... I just have to move it to the other side of the lot... Doesn't make much sense does it? Well it does: it's kind-of complex...

Fort Collins has a law that says that anybody who has a vehicle with expired (even freshly expired) plates on their property will have to pay a fine if the vehicle is not removed in a certain amount of time. Regardless of who actually owns the vehicle.
The plates on my car did expire a few days ago: I was going to take it down south this weekend to do emissions and renewal. Apparently, this weekend is not soon enough for the all-pervasive police force up here in Soviet Fort Collinstan. They sent a warning letter to my apartement's managment that basically said:

Commrade Landlordsky,
We are concerned as to your compliance with the gloriously infallable laws we have set forth to keep questionable motor-carriges from tainting our beautiful homogenized community. The police have been watching your parking lot for some time, and our Frivolous Compliance Unit has noticed that the vehicle with the license plate ***-*** has just expired. This is an outrage, and I am personally offended by your lack of ability to brutally force your tennants into compliance. Even though the vehicle is obviously of low value, you ought to have it towed away and held for a ransom of four times the vehicle's blue-book value. This is merely a Recommendation (the Recommendation Enforcement Squad will be by in two weeks to determine if your response to this was satisfactory)

Signed, the Commisserat of Orderly Conduct (The Fort Collinstan Polizei)


That's not the letter they sent, of course.

Anyway, so now I have to park on the other side of the lot, and try to back the rear licence plate into a bush or something, since the FoCo police obviously have nothing better to do than threaten students with tight budgets and without the wherewithall to just up and drive down to Broomfield and register their car on a freaking whim.
Are there just not enough people smoking joints and stealing traffic-cones or something? Obviously, the Police in FoCo get far more budget than necessary to keep Fort Collins safe. To the point that I'm actually more scared of the police than of crime...

"Oh no! It's the police! We can't run or defend ourselves if they try to take our money or else they'll throw you in their car and take you away! ...Or if happen to be a minority: They might beat you the hell up!"


[Original Post:]

As they are attempting to conspire with a towing company to steal my shitacular car.
This morning I found a tow-notice on my vehicle saying "This Vehicle is Unlicenced or Inoperable: Please Tow it away within 24 hours". High winds blew it off the windshield by the time I got down to see what it was. But there was another one on a different car as well.

I swear, if they tow my car, I will sue the managment *AND* the towing company not for illegal towing (because it is technically legal to tow anyone at anytime for any reason no matter how subjective or frivolous) BUT RATHER: I will press charges for theft and try to get at least someone's license revoked or slapped with a heavy fine. If they have to break into my car to move it, I will sue them for invasion of property with the intent to steal, and vandalism.

No sympathy for greedy opportunists. NONE AT ALL.

Comments:
did you try going to the management office and finding out if they check the parking lot for permits or something? a lot of apartments (especially here in boulder) have permits for the people living in their apartments so they know when students who dont live there are parking there illegally(for trespassing) so you might just need to get a sticker from your management for your windshield and that might solve all your problems... hope it works out....
 
glad things kind of worked out...
 
Yeah, I'm glad I talked to managment.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?